Thursday, March 31, 2011

lastest art project



I have been very busy this past couple weeks. Meet my latest art project a painted cow skull. Over the years I have done a couple of these and still have one very interesting large one left to do. I wanted this one to be very bright and I believe I did just that.So funny,considering all the feathers I have had over the years ,living on a farm and now that I am living in town, well no feathers. I was desperate for feathers only finding small ones at the local in town dollar store, no good for what I needed. The other day I put a want ad on Kijiji looking for turkey feathers but didn't receive any answers, so off I went again looking to buy feathers and finally in the other dollar store I found something I could use. The bright colors are from my sheep's wool supply for needle felting, I like the colors and it works just fine for the effect I wanted...color. A coat of spar varnish has been applied but I would suggest not hanging this outside in all weather but it could be put in a shaded area in Summer and brought in when raining, because of the fur.

Today is a beautiful day and I plan to hop on my bike for my ride, a stop at Frenchy's for a search for treasures and then home and work around the yard and make plans for Summer relaxing and clearing out the old bunk house, turning it into a gym room and putting the bed from there in what we call our bird house , which is a little shed that looks like a giant bird house. It will make a better place for company in the Summer, you will be able to fall asleep while watching the fire die down in the fire pit just outside the door. We have a window to put in the back and will have to build a screen door which should be no problem . There is so much work to get done before the weather gets hot, but no chances of that just yet. Yesterday was a lovely day and I saw flies...wow!!! warm weather and flies. Unlike when we lived on the Medway River we would see the "Salmon Flies "and we knew Spring has sprung as well as black flies and I so do remember them...I still have my bug jacket from back then,would never get rid of that,just in case.

So I will take off and hopefully have a very productive day ,tomorrow they are calling for a lot of rain. Housework day on Friday and maybe drum in the afternoon, sounds like a plan to me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment