Saturday, March 2, 2013

"Needle Felted House Guest"


 Meet Moka above and Needle felted Moka below. Moka has been spending a few days with us while his Mom enjoys sand and surf in a  warmer climate . During yesterdays snow   storm I decided to do a needle felting for his Mom to take with her on her next trip so that she has this little sweet heart with her at all times. We have been enjoying his lap dog energy and he is the right size for our little house. We also have another house guest, our adopted dog daughter Laura who stays with us quite often. Moka loves Laura if you get my drift? But they have been working things out and respecting each others space. So yesterday during the snowstorm I stayed busy making Moka in Wool and even though this picture is blurry I 'm sure you get the idea. I do and have done all breeds in the past and these little terriers with their long straight hair are the most difficult. But feel the Love even though.
Today we need to venture out and shovel the car out. Unlike our last snow storm the snow drifts aren't near as bad this time thank Heavens. As much as I love snow and building snowmen I must confess I have had enough. I hear the song birds singing from my open bedroom window mornings and feel so bad for them when we get these last kick at the can near spring snow events. For many years now I have found our Summers so very hot and every year I find shade where ever I can and have been known to complain but this getting older I believe I will prefer the heat to the shovelling and try and not  grump so much about the dog days of August this year. For years we floated and played in the Medway River not even thinking about the heat except on the hay fields but since moving to town  we no longer have that pleasure of the cool fresh clean Medway River waters.We tried a kiddie pool the first couple of years since moving to town and found that it was more work then worth. A larger pool would be an option ,only if we had a "pool person" to look after it for us. Again I believe more work then worth. Maybe this Summer I will gear up an outdoor shower, and we can cool off in that. Sounds like a plan. I am a believer in making light work, why punish ourselves. Make and keep it simple.  Now to warm up the shovel.

.




  


No comments:

Post a Comment