Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Myrtle the Hooker" needle felting

Meet" Myrtle the Hooker"
My nude Myrtle sold and is now in her new home.
This is my latest needle felting. The reason both of these last two feltings are called Myrtle is because they have a resemblance to a dear friend of many of ours with that name. The first one of Myrtle I did has sold as I mentioned above and this one may be sold. My next needle felting project will be a fisherman in a handmade dory.
The other day the phone rang ,Chuck answered and it was for me ,he asked who was calling and the person on the other end said "well Deb does not know me, I am calling from Ottawa, I took the receiver and was tempted as I would to right off the bat say" well now is this the Prime Minister calling me again?" I decided not to and simply said "Hello" it was a lovely Lady who had received one of my Good Luck Kitchen Witches as a gift for Christmas and she was so pleased with it she wanted to call me and thank me for my work, well I need not have to tell you ,I was thrilled , she said she had been meaning to call me for sometime but that she had been ill, but that she was feeling better and hopefully she will visit this way and she plans to drop by to meet me. You know? Things like this makes everything ,hard work and dedication all worth while. Thank you my Dear for calling all the way from Ottawa thanking me, for I thank you . I have completed a few needle felted dog commissions this past couple of weeks, and am trying to get a few on hand for the season.
Today I have my two young female students coming for their weekly lesson. The boy's tomorrow. Their enthusiasm is wonderful.
Near the end of May Chuck and I will be taking our drums and rhythm instruments to Hills View acres to share in some movement and fun with the residents there. The last time we were there we took the two dogs Lu Lu Belle and Laura and I read my Children's book" Lu Lu Belle The Happy Puppy " to them. One always leaves there feeling so much better and fulfilled to have shared some energy with those who appreciate and need it. Same as with Children and pets ,or challenged individuals ,they never question, they enjoy and absorb all good vibes and deliver all back. I love that.
I have not been working at writing my new book lately but have had many ideas and will be making a few changes ,I am very excited about it, when I start to see the art work in my head as I write I get thrilled and all seems to just flow.
So off I go to ready for the Ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment