Thursday, April 12, 2012

Caution ,Nudity.."Old Time Bath Time" Needle Felting

Caution!! Nudity!!! Below....
In this my latest needle felted figure below. Sometimes I luck in and find interesting props for many of my creations in needle felting ,as in this wonderful wooden tub. So meet who I call "Nan, Old Time Bath Time"but she needs a name other then that so I welcome someone out there to give this old girl a home in a special powder room. Up date a day or so after I wrote this, she has been given a name of "Myrtle" by a friend of mine who suggested she look like someone we know with this name. By all means you can change her name to anything you prefer, but she looks like Myrtle to me:-)Talk about a conversation piece. when you lift the duck her suds come with it and she is then is exposed. But look at the look on her face, she simply does not care. At the same time I came across this tub I also lucked into finding an old antique looking cradle ,doll size so my next felting will be a Baby for in it with a teddy bear and needle felted rattle etc.Can't wait to start ,maybe this weekend ,weather permitting and what I mean by that is not so fine out because if so I must head outside and look at my gardens if the sun is shining.
The past couple of weeks I have been doing art lessons with four talented ,bright Children and am waiting on approval from their parents before I put any pictures here online. They did a wonderful job sketching and painting and I enjoyed working with such enthusiastic young People. It's interesting I was talking with friend's recently in regards to children today and us back when we were their ages ,my, am I sounding like the adults from back when I was a child, I would hear them saying the same things? Back in our day,yes we could have more freedom, the World was smaller ,today not the case. We were discussing whether or not young people get any exercise like we did considering they are online a lot. But I feel they do stay active ,maybe in sometimes more structured ways and yes we still have those who would rather sit on the couch and eat potato chips and watch TV but I see trampolines in most yards and skate boards . The more the World changes the more it stays the same, in some ways. So I am not necessarily worried all too much about our young people, there are bigger fish to fry as the old saying goes. As far as Art, the Children of today are above and beyond,never afraid to try and smarter I believe with having the World at their finger tips.































No comments:

Post a Comment