Sunday, December 4, 2011

Spirit and goodwill in the air.







This past weekend here in Liverpool Dec. 2,3 the streets were a buzz with people, young and old. For a Small struggling Town with it's recent news of the loss of jobs with the White Point fire and lay offs with Bowater Paper Mill we were surprised to see so much Spirit, amazing how true it is about hard times bringing People together understanding what is happening with the economy and knowing we have to support our local sheriff as I like to put it . There was standing room only at a few points in the Artisans Gift Gallery those two evenings,everybody had a smile and light in and on their Hearts and faces. We couldn't have wished for better weather. Hugs were being given freely old Friend's were reuniting ,new one's being made and good feeling and cheer were in the air. Saturday evening I anticipated a slower evening so came prepared with the words to Christmas Carols thinking we could do a sing along Christmas Karaoke thing to entertain ourselves if it were slow, it could have been fun.But not the case or needed because there was a steady flow of people in and out all evening long. So to all those who worked at putting this together , you did a great service for our Town as well as those of us there selling. I for one believe the town maybe needed this and it responded by attending. Folks saw what the so many talented People in our area have to offer, I myself was so impressed with what I saw there , not doing shows anymore these days I have been out of the loop and to get all of this Local talent in one room..here in our Town ,Wow!!!we all know where to find what we are looking for without leaving home. As well being with all you fellow Artisans was so inspiring and we had a lot of great laughs. Thank you all very much Merry Christmas, best in 2012, we will survive and be stronger.


I personally had a great show, thank you all and even had a lovely lady call me the next morning to tell me how happy she was with her purchase, I have said it before many times ,it is always nice to meet the Artist who's work you buy as well it is so nice for the Artist to meet the Person who Loves the piece as much as you who created it. Again thank you .


My feltings sold well but I do still have a couple interesting characters left one being a needle felted Santa scene a Mermaid as well as paintings ,antique barnboard painted Santa's that hang on a wall inside or out. Santa Clause small hookings. Anything here in my Studio/Gallery with the exception of a few canvas paintings will be still offered under my this years Christmas Special..I decided to do this when I heard of the job losses in the area and thought I would pass along a savings ,we all can benefit and you get to give an original and unique piece of art and I get to be warm this Winter :-)


So if you saw something at the show that interested you or if you would like to see what I do have here as well as my Children's Book Lu Lu Belle the Happy Puppy email me or call 354-3690 and I would be happy to be here for you .


Now on a different note ,lets talk just plan get in the Spirit of Christmas!!! our home is quite small and compact ,and like the recently past warm weekend when Chuck banned me and my drums to play outside on the deck ,when he ,so he thought wanted to watch Star Wars Movies after the second funeral in a week we had been to and I wanted to rejoice in life and he in mindless movies. At Christmas time he often wishes we had heat in our out building because I start singing Christmas Carols out of the blue, I can't help myself , anyway not so much because of bad singing I hope ,for I am sure I must be great...:-) but that he has no where to get away and watch TV ,being the one TV in the house , well often he will change his mind and join in with me, do you think maybe it has something to do with a small house and who wins out? Speaking of that , joining in ,makes me think of years ago when I lived in Lunenburg , I lived on Pelham Street just one block up from the water front and the streets went up hill from that, I was walking home one night from work near Christmas and I could hear the most wonderful voices Caroling from the streets above, as I walked along I would look up when at the street crossings and sure enough I saw them ,it was a group of 8 -12 people dressed in Period garb ,circa 17th century,they were not only pleasant to listen to but to look at as well . For years I have wanted to do this , so anyone out there who may be interested even if not for this year , it may be a bit late but some work could be done for next year, "Joy to the World"


I found a couple what I call props today at Frenchy's our local second hand clothing outlet for my Needle feltings , I get so excited when I find these little treasures that give me ideas as to what can and will be done with them.

Above is a picture of my Mermaid I have here for sale and a photo from the day I read my book to Hillview Acres, it was a wonderful good feeling day.
So off I go to relax and let my sugar Plums out to float.

No comments:

Post a Comment