Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rain and more rain..







The rain we have been having of late is relentless,try as hard as one might, the past four or five days of oh so many it has been hard to find a bright side . I rode my bike everyday but those torrential rain days or moments which there were many. But, on a lighter note the past two days have been just wonderful, being any dry day is a great day. I have been lucky compared to many,I only had sun flower seeds in the ground and could just poke them back into their holes and wish for the best after the rains. The flowers are looking good,and the grass is growing like wild fire. The mould on my feet is disappearing and my gills which have stopped growing at least for the next couple days ,may start growing again by Saturday.
Regular work has been done ,painting and getting Summer product ready for Fort Point as well as collecting up our Pirate and reenactment articles to lend to our local Theatre group for an up coming play which will be held this Privateer Days July 1 -4 2011 right here in Liverpool. Since the end of the days when there would be a Period wedding held Privateer Days ,being actual real couples marrying so clothing had to be made to suit etc. etc. this play offers to be a good idea and may make a few dollars for both the WOC and Privateer Days towards future festivities. Chuck and I have been collecting costumes since our Lunenburg days ,when we left Charleston I gave away or sold most of our costumes and had to let go of a 3 story barn full of stuff to build just about anything from. This home and property is small but I can still come up with everything I am looking for, amazing how that happens, I love it, so since I was given the list of what was needed for this particular play which is right up our ally because we were members of the Kings Orange Rangers and attempted to sleep in the encampment on our not stuffed enough straw mattress. Laughing the whole time because that is just about how we did really live once way back when we first got together, so now we dress up but sleeping on straw we will leave to Cattle and the rest of the troops. So a lot of the props needed I had right here.
This long weekend is an anniversary for Chuck and I , our first weekend date, we went camping at the Ovens Natural Park ,the weather was rain and fog ,we slept in a 2 man pup tent with a Great Dane, yes we did, I doubt it if I could fit by myself in a pup tent let alone with Chuck and Baron these days. We ended up living at the Ovens that Summer and in October we moved into an old abandoned house in Feltzen South, oh if I could only have the opportunity to tell the folks who live there now just what it was like back then.The stories ..oh the many stories. It was a tiny ,sleepy, fishing Port,back then and it is where we inshore fished and realized we did want electricity after all :-) comes in darn handy but nice to know the World will not end if without,and flush toilets...WOW!!!I really like them.But I am still a 17 th Century girl in so many ways.That's just me,what you see is what you get.
Remember ,I mentioned before, I have been working on this surprise painting for a certain retirement ,it is coming along fine, a few have seen it but I still can't share it here with you . My Children's Book ,I am thinking on the font, then my plan ,that is if I can make a few bucks within the next couple Months is to have a number of books made at our Local Vienots Print . It may not become a best seller, but I sure do hope it puts a smile on a few faces.Wish me luck.
Needle felting has been on the back burner and I need to get some done. Thing is this time of year I find myself even on nasty days wanting to get outside to work, so much to do and so little time with dodging showers, I catch myself sitting in my studio spinning in my chair ,day dreaming while looking out the deck door .Watching my little birds and Crows collecting twigs for their nests .Me,smelling the flowers you might say through the glass.
I forgot, during this bad rain I found enough dry time to get out and make a step for our new Bird's nest ,our neighbor gave us a huge cutting of tree trunk, we were thinking table top but never did get around to cutting it in two so I dug down in front of my Bird House covered the ground with garden tarp and placed this piece of wood in and filled in all around it. It works great and I will share a picture of it here hopefully tomorrow, it has been raining and I didn't have the opportunity to take a picture yet, again I saved money by using what I had here. Good for me :-)
Off I go ,tomorrow they say may be nice. Up date on our weather this morning, Friday 20th..looks like rain and Thunder showers...I am sad to say :-(

Saturday morning update...the rain stopped and Friday was wonderful ,I played music and sang on my deck then when the fog started to come in,I moved to the Bird house to hang out and here is a picture of my favorite Little girl in all this big World. Miss Indigo Mariposa my Great Niece ,daughter of my niece Kim and granddaughter of my Sister Linda. Here we are with our Diva Laura, everyone Loves the Birdhouse, it is simply just too cozy.The other photo is of the step I put in, a very interesting chunk of tree trunk.

1 comment:

  1. You do indeed look very cozy in there. I would like to preorder 4 of the books from you. Perhaps I can stop by one day and we can discuss what you need . Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete